Friday, March 16, 2007

So. I'm playing a $4.40/180 on Stars...

...when i make the following play. Basically i couldn't have asked for anything more perfect to happen in the way that things played out. (except the result of course) Just thought it was worth posting to laugh at and realise that like the man Tony G sez, once you have put the money in, its up to the cards who wins.

PokerStars Game #8920132262: Tournament #45359916, $4.00+$0.40 Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2007/03/15 - 20:16:26 (ET)Table '45359916 3' 9-max Seat #6 is the buttonSeat
1: Scha (2275 in chips)
Seat 2: redrat67 (1520 in chips)
Seat 3: QdAd JINX (4920 in chips)
Seat 4: eazy_pickenz (8155 in chips)
Seat 5: ReNard0 (3080 in chips)
Seat 6: roithoso (13265 in chips)
Seat 7: ^^^ (4315 in chips)
Seat 8: 37chevy (820 in chips)
Seat 9: justin22_12 (1885 in chips)
^^^: posts small blind50
37chevy: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ^^^ [2c 2h]
justin22_12: raises 200 to 300
Scha: folds redrat67: folds
QdAd JINX: folds
eazy_pickenz: folds
ReNard0: folds roithoso: folds
^^^: calls
25037chevy: folds
*** FLOP *** [Tc Qc 2s]
^^^: bets 200
justin22_12: raises 300 to 500
^^^: raises 300 to 800
justin22_12: raises 785 to 1585 and is all-in
^^^: calls 785
^^^ said, "ha"
*** TURN *** [Tc Qc 2s] [Kd]
*** RIVER *** [Tc Qc 2s Kd] [Js]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
^^^: shows [2c 2h] (three of a kind, Deuces)
justin22_12: shows [5d Ad] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
^^^ said, "omg"
justin22_12 said, "oh wow"
justin22_12 collected 3870 from pot
ReNard0 said, "loool"
justin22_12 said, "my bad man"

*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 3870 Rake 0 Board [Tc Qc 2s Kd Js]Seat 1: Scha folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: redrat67 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: QdAd JINX folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: eazy_pickenz folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: ReNard0 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: roithoso (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: ^^^ (small blind) showed [2c 2h] and lost with three of a kind, DeucesSeat 8: 37chevy (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 9: justin22_12 showed [5d Ad] and won (3870) with a straight, Ten to Ace

Following his "my bad" (hmmm) comment, he said he was watching something and that he wasnt concentrating. Hmmm, interesting. Obviously this is bull shit as even a true moron could see that the flop contained no ace, no five and no cards complementing his flush draw. I remained polite and then he said things like "oooh dont tilt" and became all smarmy. Whats that about?! I was reduced to 2k in chips with the blinds at 75/150. So whilst i had time before blinding away, i soon picked a spot. I eventually busted when i reraised all in, in position with AQos and the initial raiser (in first position i might add) called for all his stack with pocket 7's. Where do these people come from? I know he is a marginal favourite so when the cards are face up its a good call, but... he had to know that at the very best he was racing. I politely commented on another good play. Obviously I wasn't pissed because i would want a call in that spot with that hand in order to double up. But it wasn't to be. I invited both of them to any game i ever play in and wished them all good luck!

Back in the real world away from the laptop. It was my birthday yesterday. I got some cash and the first season of the Sopranos (ive never seen it) Third season of Curb Your Enthusiasm, music, books lots of good stuff.

Alas, that is where the good news ends. I have not worked a proper job since before Christmas. I have won a few hundred quid online which has helped. It paid my tax bill. I've also worked a couple of nights with a mate of mine but i am eating into my "dont touch that" savings. I set a financial marker that, when reached, i would have to get a job. It hit as my birthday approached and i decided that i would take my birthday week as my final week and get a fookin job. The problem is i need something flexible in case any actng work comes up. This usually means something with less money which sucks. The only other thing i am experienced in is bar and restaurant management. The thought of going back into a restaurant makes me feel sick. I ate out about 3 times this week (b'day stuff) and loved it but seeing how hard the staff work and the shit you have to deal with just makes me want to stay away. Ive thought of retraining in something unrelated and new, as something else to fall back on, but again this draws a blank as the time out and the training costs so much money, as well as tying me up from any work that does come in. The result is me being very unmotivated. To be honest, in the past when i have felt this way i would still enjoy playing poker and just lounging around. Now i am not even really playing. All all the feelings attributed to whats going on in my life make me just feel like i am going to lose. Tourneys are one thing, buying in relatively small amounts and building a stack which if i lose is no major problem. But i know i cant sit at a cash table. I know my patience is off and i will lose money.

Sorry for sounding like a mardy bastardo. I'm sure its temporary. Lottery win on saturday or the 5k first in the 10+1 15k guaranteed would sort me out.

Good Luck At The Tables Sports Fans

Currently watching - The Sopranos Season 1
Twin Peaks (The Series)
Borat
Reading - Up A Yum Bum Tree - Martin Pilcher
Ace on The River - Barry Greenstein
Listening To - Fiona Apple, David Bowie, The Kooks, Dogs Die In Hot Cars, Unkle

No comments: