Monday, June 11, 2007

So cruel

I don't know what to say. Today i got up early excited to get some poker hours in and started playing sit and goes. I lost the first. Booted up the second, lost that. 3rd, 4th, 5th etc etc etc. No first or second placings to mention. Then i had to stop to go for an audition. So i sorted myself out and had a good meeting. Came home and started again determined to win. I played tighter and to be honest, not scared, but not aggresive either. Again i was losing. I honestly think i've halved my bankroll (such as it was). I completely admit to reading a few situations wrong and getting my money in behind. However i can remember only 1 occasion today where that reversed itself, ie, i caught later cards to put me ahead. On the other hand everyone hit their cards. If i did manage to build a good stack, which to be honest, i've been getting used to, i just failed to pick up any cards. When i picked up kings, the late position limper (me on the button raising) flopped 3 aces with his hidden AQ. To be honest i put him on an under pair before I'd give him those 3 aces. Every time i was raising i was getting played at and running into just the most insane players and ridiculous outdraws. I was time and time again "lol"ing the chat box at what i was being called with, only to see the outs required fall on later streets. In the end i had to stop because i knew i couldn't win.

I can only imagine how demoralising it is to be playing for much bigger stakes or in large buy in events to have a bad run or get unlucky. I mean in a tournament for example (or sng) a wrong decision plus an unlucky outdraw and that can be the end. It doesn't take much.

Thought; just have to try and read situations better. That's all i can improve on today. Those times when i mis read my opponents holding. I tell you what though, at those limits they could have anything. Fuckers

No comments: