Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Channel 4/5 Party sponsored programmes

I really love watching poker on TV however heavily or badly edited it may be. I would prefer to be honest that they made unedited long final table programmes also available as an alternative so you could see how the pro's handle more "small" hand situations or those when they flop nothing etc.

The thing that really fooks me off is with the Party Poker programmes. I think Jesse May is a good commentator but, BUT, we are not watching the show to listen to him and Padraig Parkinson talking bollocks and giggling like a pair of muppets. We are not there for them at all. I hate the way that there are pro's at the table discussing hands, giving invaluable insight into their technique and personalities and we are forced to listen to these idiots. The added annoyance here is that the programme on so late that if you turn the volume up to hear the pro's, the people we all want to play like, those two ass clowns just get louder.

Vented

BTW - winning shit all today. Deposited some money on Will Hill through the deal on Gatsby's blog (link right) and played some of the tournies he plays in and cashes in so regularly. I was clearly no fit for a new site (although i really liked it) nor was i ready for the donkfest that developed. I lost a little bit playing Omaha and then busted out of 3, 2 dollar tournies. The good news is they are cheap and start regularly and have about a third of the runners to a Stars tourney. Bad news was the play really. I folded so much after raising as there was an all in and 12 calls in front of me. Hey ho. I'm sure on those its all about playing tight aggressive and really picking your spots. I think i'll have more cashes in tournies of that size.


Good luck everyone

No comments: