Friday, October 05, 2007

One of those days

Hey up peeps

My God! yesterday was tough.

I was bashed about from pillar to post. Winning money, losing money. It was savage. I don't mind sharing with you that i came out in the red. I basically blew what i had left in my account. This is possible, by the way, as i continually withdraw from my poker account to pay for things some people would consider more important, hmmm, you know, like rent. £50 here and there, you know. Anyway i decided to put $25 on a cash table and within the space of an hour or so i had tripled that just through playing whilst lying down watching telly, ahhhhhh! I was just playing the cards and avoiding a huge pot unless i was sure i had the best of it. Happy days you might say. Well, it was not to last my poker friends. The money remained till yesterday. I sat with the first 25 and lost a couple of small pots and topped up to 25 again (as you should). Then in between winning some and losing some, i lost with KK to AA all in pre flop. 1 buy in. AK to KK all in on a K rag flop. JJ vs KQ spades on a 462- 2 spade flop - turn T spades and i am dead. AQ to AT etc. It just was endless. I was cool though. I was severely pissed off having lost, but not tilted like i might have been. I get tilted more when i see someone flip up J5 off suit. These were just tough breaks. I may have saved some money along the way, but i am not good enough, basically. Lol.

There was one hand in particular which i just remembered. There was a raise in mid position, i the cutoff called, i called on the button with Q9 clubs, the small blind called and the flop came KTJ. I have flopped the 2nd nuts. Beauty, and better since the nuts would be AQ and i have a Q so the chance of someone holding AQ is reduced. I wonder if you can guess where this is going?? So the sb bets the flop, the cutoff calls and i shumbolita all over the place (ahem, i mean i reraised all in, sorry about that, i don't know what happened) the sb insta calls with AQ. Nice job me. So bad.

The thing is that i know another day i would get called in the exact same situations, my 2nd nut shove would get called by AK for example and the AA vs KK all in pre, i could easily be up against AK. I was listening to bel0wab0ve on one of his PXF videos saying unless he has an extremely good reason to think the guy has aces he no longer folds KK pre flop. I tell you this, my fine brethren, if he isn't folding how the fook am i supposed to.

I also recently read, if you are in a pot and flop a set, get some heat from another player and fear they may have flopped a higher set, you are in the wrong game. Ie poker ain't for you. So that's it folks. Don't fold kings. I know most of you don't, even by the river, lol and push your sets hard.

Final thought - In a separate "bel0w" related moment. In a tourney he flopped a set of 666 on a flop with several draws on it. He very calmly said "obviously I'd go broke on this flop" ie he was gonna push it and if he got out drawn, so be it. In the same tone he flopped a K, with AK on a KQx flop and checked it to the caller, saying he won't go broke with just top pair on this flop.

Good luck homies

No comments: