Friday, March 09, 2007

Skanked...Again

Good evening

I tell you now, had i written this 10 minutes ago the title would have contained foul language and the content would have been full of GGGGRRRRRRRRRRR

I have just busted out of the Stars 15k guarenteed midnight 10+1 tourney. Does anyone else experience this but you watch hands go head to head pre flop and you can almost call the river card. Example - 2 idiots get it all in pre flop w KJ vs K10 - now regardless of whether they should be in that situation - if you were Mr KJ, you have to feel pretty good about yourself. I love to make a move only to find i dominate my opponent. But, as is written somewhere in PStars terms and conditions

"At a crucial moment where you have made the correct play, we, your friends and servants at PokerStars are able to flick a switch to send out the most unlikely stream of cards that will fuck you squarely in the ass. Because we can." Lots of love The PStars Team

My tourney went something like this- id decided my best results come when i play tight so i was gonna play extra tight - entrants approx 2k - i was dealt aces twice early on. First no action - second on the back end of a stream of good cards where i had good flops and was raising lots. I got aces that second time and thought- if i play this aggressively i'll just look like some chip lobbing lunatic - so, i was in good position and there was a raise and a call in front of me from 2 players i had just been involved with (not sexually) and i make a big reraise - i make it like 240 on the initial 80, i get a flat call from the BB- (why do so many people want to defend their BB when it is only 20 chips!) and the initial raiser calls. Flop low prd and 2 spades - BB check - raiser bets (ha) i raise he's all in i call - him AK, no draw - gone. What is it about AK/Q/J that ruins people. I admit, it has cost me more that a few dollar but im reigning that one in these days "fo sho". Someone said to me once AKetc - see a flop - fit or fold. Good advice i think.

Next action after the first break - blind on blind action - big stack (well 2x my chips) raises my bb. (Now, here is my exception to my own rule - if i raise in position; fold your blind you overprotective mo fo. If however a big stack button or sb raises my bb thats a different story. They have not got all those chips by playing 2 hands an hour. If my hand is above average, and i guess thats the difference, i will usually fight back. This has in occasion cost me when i realise that the button can get good cards too!) Anyway. Ive seen this sb in a few pots winning without showdown and as soon as he raises i just know my A9 is good. Also i have 3k in chips and the blinds are 100/200, if i feel im good here im raising hoping to double. I moved in, he had KK and ....im just kidding . I reraised A9 all in he thought long which made me think "yeah yeah - good act now fold" he calls and shows A7. Love it flop 9Jx and i double up. He sez - "wow nh" i ignore my impulse to make smug retort a it was not a "NH" and it certainly wasnt a "WOW" perhaps he'd never played before and just loved the excitement. Ha

Sadly this next hand was the last - id passed lots of pretty hands to earlier raises, lots of Ax and hadnt had any pair except those early aces. This was quite interesting to me as with no real cards/ pairs i'd outlasted 1600 players and was above average chips. Normally i am quite conscious of level changes, players remaining and chip position, but today i was calm, playing position and opportunity and really felt good. - FFS GET ON WITH IT

UTG + 2 im dealt AKos, i pause and think right, how am i going to double my stack here - insta plan hatched - call then reraise any pos raise and take it from there. I limp and 2 places to my left moves allin - he has just lost a stack of chips and has about 4k to my 8k. I insta call and la-huuuvvveee to see AQos hearts/clubs. Woo. This would put me 2nd or 3rd on the table> To the flop - heart heart heart - cue my line, outloud, no respect for the sleeping girlfriend "I'm gonna get fucked" turn heart river paired the board. His nut flush beats my lowly high card A. I was now on less than 2 k- blinds 200/400 with whatever ante- and im fucked. Cant wait to get it in on next decent hand "All tables are on a break for 5 minutes" Oh fuck off! First hand back - early position raiser makes a raise that puts me all in if i call. I'm on the button w KQos and call he has aces. Catch you later/ Kat Slater. Gays

Needless to say. I'll be there tomorrow night. Dodging quality hands like K6s (all in pre flop from a 20 k stack called by the monster that is J10...?) and laying down AK pre flop if i suspect the opponent to have any 2 cards with colours/numbers/drawings on them.

May all your cards be live and your pots be monsters

Dan

Nb/ that Mike Sexton WPT signoff is how, in my earlier times playing, i would leave a table, writing that in the chatbox and disappearing like a mystical poker prophet. Now i leave most tables writing "Yeah... nice play retard. Did your mummy let you play with the PC again" and anything else i can write that the sensors wont**** out. This escalated to a point the other day where, when i busted (money in with the best of it obviously), my table broke up. I rougly knew his name so checked the sign up list. Found him. Found his table and abused him there. I just didn't give a shit. I know i should love these idiots with these plays as they will pay me in the long run. However, i find very little solace in this theory in a tourney situation when i'll never see the little fker again. Maybe i'll get a job at 'Stars admin get their addresses and start paying very angry visits to all bad beaters. My arms fully loaded with poker books. Relentlessly throwing them at their heads; screaming "DID YOU PAUSE TO THINK FOR EVEN A SECOND THAT ACE DEUCE MAY HAVE NOT BEEN GOOD IN THAT SPOT? ........DID YOU?????" Meanwhile they cower into a corner, their arms flailing to defend against my paperbacked ammunition whimpering like a schoolgirl "I -I- I- I- I'm s- s- s- s- sorry"




No comments: