Thursday, March 08, 2007

Strange

I'm going to post even though there is not much poker action happening.

Currently playing the10+1 15k on Stars. Not going too well - pick up a few small pots then lose a big one, classic, so around 1500 chips still - half an hour in. Blinds will be 50/100 in 5 so i better pick it up a tad, or just stop pissing my chips away as soon as i get them.

I have been really wanting to play recently (like always) but every time i fire up the computer i just feel tired, my eyes hurt and i know im not really going to do my best. I just end up reading blogs and watching high stakes.

Party Poker gave me $50 for my birthday, nice of them, i just have to play so many raked hands to release it and take it somewhere i actually like playing. Trouble is, with the way i feel at the moment, i am playing a while and leaving just breaking even on the money. This is gradually releasing it of course, and at least i havent lost it, but i am not playing aggressively. In fact i am playing weak. Every time i play i just think im going to get beat. To be honest just writing this has made me think that its probably to do with how i am living at the moment. I am staying up late, sleeping in late, getting up, feeling tired still and feeling pretty unmotivated as i havent auditioned for anything for ages, bills are pouring in. Seriously in a week - gas, electric, water, inland revenue (aaarrrgghhh) wtf.

Last night - sng - me in the sb with KK, all folded except me and bb - him about half starting stack 800 - me about 3000. he has been donking off chips and i know he wants to double up. I complete from the sb, he moves all in. "Aha!! Just as i planned- mwahh ha haahahahah, eat these cowboys you dirty...Oh.... you have aces." no improvements. Anyway i laughed at that hand and had no problem with it but it really does sum up the way recent hands have played out.

Yeasterday day, party poker full ring game 25c/50c. I'm hardly playing a hand. I know how i'm feeling and my attention span is not there. By playing tighter i expect to minimise my soldiers (chips) casualties. Anyway i have played about 100 hands and won 2 pots with AA and QQ, ive folded every other pair after completely missing every flop. Anyway - about mid position i raise 4x bb with pocket 8's. i might or might not raise in this position with this hand. More often just limp actually. Anyway couple of callers flop x89 with 2 clubs one spade. I bet out pot sizeish and get one caller with position on me. Turn 10 spades, so board is x8910 double suited. I bet strong again. Opponent moves all in, a huge over raise. I think, decide the chances of him having QJ are slim but with the flush draw possibilities out there .......and ive timed out. I have disabled the alarm that alerts you to play, as it made brain ache. I asked him what he had. I got the usual low limit player response of "if i wanted you to know id have shown". Hmmm, tough crowd. I find that even if they don't tell me, a few more questions can usually eliminate possiblities. To something i asked, he responded something like "i'll make you pay for a flush draw" (by the way, given this guys response and the way I've written them, i now see him as Dolph Lungdren in Rocky "If he dies...he dies" classic) anyway from this flush draw comment i think i was ahead when i folded, but i pussied out on a dangerous board when Dolph flexed his financial muscles.

Actually i auditioned for something today which sounded ace. It was to be in one of a series of 3 internet virals for a record label. The concept sounded really cool. "Idiots" going into a record store, asking for really bad music only for the "too cool" indie kid store workers to reach down behind the counter, produce a huge weapon, ie medievel crossbow, and annhialate the "idiot", cue much blood and post production special effects - removing half the victims face. Good fun.

The down side to this is that they were on a really short time frame, i should have heard today if i had it or not, i didn't, so can only assume i haven't.

A guy who directed me in a music video is shooting another one on Sunday which he wants me to be in. That'll be good. Unfortunately it is the day after the night before and we are out celebrating our birthdays on Saturday so Sunday might be a mission.

Im off, catch youse laters

Currently watching - 24 season 5 - Holy Corruption Batman
United 93 - Paul Greengrass
Currently reading - Ace on the River - Barry Greenstein (arrived today)

2 comments:

United113 said...

You are absolutely right to not play if you feel like you are going to get beat or if you are in the wrong frame of mind. One ofmy issues is the complete opposite, playing while on tilt..

Best luck on the tables

Check In The Dark said...

Hey United

cheers for the comment. My first one!

I have had to discipline myself to stop that. Its not done yet but is definately better than it was. Im gonna post about it shortly.

Cheers for the advice and i hope you keep reading.

Gl to you too

Dan