Monday, June 18, 2007

Not a bad run

I played a 4.40, 180 man tourney on stars last night and managed to finish 7th. This was a much needed cash ( a whopping 10 quid - 25$) as i have been very negative of late. If I'm honest I picked up a lot of cards early doors which gave me a very comfortable chip position very early on. I could then bully a bit, hit some cards and get lucky to stay well above average. After a point there was really no question about making the final table. I got there and there was nutter raising and reraising. I let him get on with it, well, i had no choice i had no cards. Then i picked up JJ under the gun. There were a few short stacks and i thought i might get action this way. We were already down to 8 and this was a guts and glory moment. A short stack went all in and i loved to see Mr Aggressive reraise to isolate. I reraised all in and he called all in - me JJ - short AK suited and him 1010. Flop Qx10 and its all over really. The Q on the turn gives him a boat and reduces my outs to 2 - miss both somehow and I'm out in 7th. Consolation - i played really well, pretty tight and not overly aggressive and got my money in with the best hand.

I fired up another one earlier today - we got through the first 80 players and then this happened. I raised 4x bb in early/mid with 1010 - late position player reraises. I often give reraises in low limits a lot of credit as its usually all about calling. A short stack player reraised all in in the blinds. I sat and thought and came to the conclusion that the most likely holding for the first reraise was Ace something Big K/Q - i then decided that if the sb would make that move with an ace - i may have to dodge some cards but they might cancel each other somewhat and reduce their chanced of winning. I move all in, which is quite a substantial reraise i might add, reraise man instantly calls the sb shows A9 off suit and the reraiser A8 suited. I lol'd heartily at this. That is until he flops the nut flush draw and they both hit an ace in the turn. I knew it was over after the flop. What do i have to do. Consolation - i got my money in with the best hand.

More like this please.

I just sat down at a cash game - first one in ages. I'm shit!

Good luck you hairy mothers

No comments: