Saturday, June 30, 2007

Response to comment

Cadmunkey left me a comment on yesterdays post and i went to his blog to post a response. When i realised that the reply was quite long i thought i should just put it here instead as it a bit about playing where i currently do.


"I definately see your reasoning behind the cash game play and think its definately valid. I used to only play cash. In the beginning i used to literally throw money away learning to play poker at a NL50 cash table, no play chips for me! This was hilarious when I didnt even have a clue what beats what.

This came to a bit of a crunch last christmas. Obviously a better player, i built up $1k in no time on the NL25 tables at Party Poker. I just killed it after playing no poker for a while. My God! That feeling of seeing my account clock past a grand. Then i got all money conscious and couldn't stand to think about losing it. The balance took a few hits and i withdrew it and paid my tax bill rather than ride the downswing or crash altogether.

I went back to sng's and tourneys so that I might have an opportunity to win big cash whilst minimising my outlay and swings."

So there we are. I hope that gives an indication of where i am. That post has just made me realise that until i have a very decent win, or am earning money/working again I cant afford to play this game as well as i might.

No comments: