Saturday, June 30, 2007

Better?

I have just busted out of a 5 dollar mtt on stars. 1600+ entered - first place was offering a tidy $1500,yes please, I was on about 8k in chips and the average was 5k. I just slipped into this zone. I was doing other things on the net but after playing some omaha today i was very flop conscious as oppose to being fixed on my hole cards. On top of this, around this point in the game (400 remaining) i was hitting flops and getting dealt good cards and chatting to the monkeys at the table, and they were monkeys. Bunch of fucking Muppet's. I was calm though and was doing well. What i did do was start calling peoples cards and being very vocal riling people up and mocking anyone in my way. This worked to great effect when my final hand came up. I was dealt Q9 hearts in late position and raised. The small blind had over twice as many chips as me after just tripling up with KK against 44 and AQ. He called. The flop came Q9A. Now he checks to me and i instantly move all in. This is not normal for me but fits to my recent play. He calls and i love the fact that i have annoyed him enough to call with the "stealth monster" that is A6. Fucking hilarious. To a raise pre flop and a bet all in. Fucking Muppet. The turn is a 6 so the joke is on me when his 2 pr holds. That, incidentally was for a 20k pot that would have put me in the top 10 as we approached the bubble.

Does anyone know where these people live. I've just sharpened the end of my baseball bat with my Swiss army knife, splintered it with razor blades and bought 700 copies of Harrington on hold em - highlighting a section on "obvious folding situations". I will leave their corpses rotting in a puddle of their own blood with only page upon page of poker strategy to soak it up.


Long term??

+EV

Fat lot of good that does me now

1 comment:

GWC said...

Thats exactly why I hate tournament play. Playing cash I just reload and stack Mr A6o a few hands later.
Tournaments I always wonder where this "long term" bullshit comes from. There is no "long term" cos I paid my $5 to play and now I'm out and dead. The chances of you coming up against that same player online are just too damn slim.
Fuck Stars' tournaments. Theyre full of the worst players in the world and before someone pipes up here saying "but thats what you want" I'll put you in a live minefield and tell you to get to the other side. Cos these tournaments are the biggest minefields anywhere.