Monday, July 09, 2007

3pm and all's well

Hey gang



I thought this was going to be a bit of a sad post as after hitting $322 the other day i went on a moronic rampage yesterday. I played short handed, full tables, mtt's and sng's and cash. I literally played all day and won fuck all. I must have gone through about $80. I was playing bad, calling with weak hands pre flop and not letting go when i hit the flop in some way. On top of this i lost all the races and missed all my draws. I was annoyed with myself and clearly tilted but couldn't stop. At one point yesterday i logged off Pokerstars and immediately fired it up again to play 2-7 triple draw there were no tables available so i played a few HU games instead.



The reason this is not a sad post is because like any addict, when i woke up this morning i fired up the laptop just wanting to play "The Poke". I saw a 180 - $4.40 was almost full so i joined. I only went and won the fucker! Unbelievable. $216 ship it.



I went chip leader with about 90 left but not by along way. By the time we were getting to the bubble i was about 11th -15th and not planning on bubbling. A few all in's with everyone folding served me well. Down to 2 tables i lost a crucial pot for half my shortish stack. A player limped in first. He was short and rather than seeing a trap i saw weakness. When it came to me i had AK and moved all in. He paused for ages which is good news for me. He called with QT off suit. Ha! The flop was much less amusing than the call giving him trip tens and the turn a Q for the "salt in wounds" full house. Muppet.



I head into the final table last and seriously low. I had 6k to the chip leaders 39k. The next stack to me had 25k. I was just going to raise and try to double up using cards and/ or position. I picked up the blinds and then lost a huge pot which left me crippled.

There was a raise in first, a newly short stack moves all in. I am on the button with AK and move all in. First calls and shows nearly the worst hand he could have - AK. We are up against 33 which holds. I think its over but we split a small side pot to leave me with just over 2k. The bb is 1200 for fucks sake. I move all in whatever my next hand is. Its 98 and i'm all in. Two players call. The flop is a beautiful 89T with 2 hearts. There is a bet and a fold and i see i am up against A7. I hold and triple up. 10k

I hang around, slightly less desperate and push with A3. I make a heart flush which beats my caller foir a 20k pot.

I get some severely needed breathing room when i am in the bb with a pretty looking 63 diamonds. There are 4 limpers to me. Nice one. The flop is 477. If i could just catch a 5 i'll have a well disguised straight. Amazingly i get a free card. """"5"""" Amazing. I check and late position bets. I raise al in - he calls with A4 off suit (?). I take it

I now have 40k and seriously think there is a chance i can win.

I pick up good pots by reraising all in pre flop with AK and 99 forcing the aggressors to fold.

It's now 6 handed and the game dries up. Raises are rarely called and it is a very serious game of poker. I know something has to give- (it's usually me) - there is a lot of blind stealing going on. I call a raise from the shortest stack with A10 spades in the bb. I check the Q high flop to him. He bets small. I know he hasn't got it so i raise him all in. He "lol"'s and folds. I told him i had AQ and he said "nice check" i thanked him. Nice.

I am now chip leader with 77k but it's tight at the top.

Down to 3 and the lead is switching between us.

Then a monster developed in the blinds. The button strangely folds and i raise the bb with 86 diamonds. He calls. The flop is Jx8. I be and he calls. The turn is an amazing 6. I move all in and he calls with J10. Bootiful.

I am now on 155k with double 2nd place.

I hands later i raise the button with 22. I am reraise by the sb, the guy i just beat with the 68. I think and move all in. He calls with AJ and i flop a set.

HU with 200k to 60k

We exchange blinds for 3 hands. Then i raise with 67. He calls. The flop is 6J7. I bet, he raises all in and i call. I avoid jax and tens and seal another one.

So the thing i MUST learn. Is don't fucking play when you know you are playing like a retard. You'll play too many games. Play then badly and undo all the hard work in a flash.

It's tough to win money. It's too easy to lose it. Listen to your heads people.

BR = $441
Sharkscope profit = $904
ROI = 14%

2 comments:

Amatay said...

Hello mate, cheers 4 the comments on my blog.I've just seen that you made a comment on my very first entry. Have you read it all yet?

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Nice win sir, $216 is definitely not to be sniffed at!

Have you thought of joining Pokerhand.org? It's free and you post the raw HH into the converter and it gives you a pretty picture and a link which you can post on your blog so that you don't have to type out hands at all. Just a thought.