Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Today i gave a lot of my winnings to charity!

That charity being the ever needy succession of players at the low limit poker tables. I played some triple draw and misread a hand, lost 1 stack. There was an idiot player at the table who kept moving all in pre flop. I waited for genuine hands then could only draw aces and hit pairs. 2 and 3 stacks.



I logged off for a while and came back later to play some cash (I had won 4 buyins already this morning) and just wanted to repair some of the triple draw damage. 3 and 4 stacks in very quick succession. The first was against a very aggressive player who was hitting everything, i should have known better, but refused to fold my A on an A high flop - he had AK. I see him call all in pre flop w A10 and lose to KK so i know he is wreckless. I have 56 and call in mid/late position, he calls too. The flop comes Q56. Beautiful. I bet - he raises. I pause and shove - he calls. He has Q5 for a flopped higher 2 pr.



I recover 1 buyin when i hit an ace high flush and he cant pass KK with the K high flush.



I then revel in watching him lose the $100 stack he has accumulated back to the table. Every red cent. No more to me however.



Later i call a raise in late position with J10. There is just me and the raiser to the 10 high flop. He bets i call. I narrow him to over cards or an over pr. He fires again on the turn. I call. The river is a 10! He bets i raise. He moves all in (i see this all the time here with an over pair they cant let go of) i call - he has A10. FUK!

So in that hand, between the 2 players heads up and the board, we had all the 10's in the deck. Earlier we had shared 3 of the decks 4's and aces prior to this. Arse.

So i have hugely dented my stackage.


The good news? There are tourneys starting all the time. Woo.

I also played some cash on William Hill today having singned up to them through Gatsby's blog and rake offer. I was playing much better and was way ahead on the full ring cash table. I sat with £15 - left with £53 after what felt like an hour. Just played tight and my good hands better than others. I cashed out £20 which is £5 more than i deposited. This means my actual bank account shows a profit (£5!) on the day, and although my online BR took a heavy blow i think it is easily recoverable.



Good luck ma homies

No comments: