Thursday, July 05, 2007

Nice one

Just a quicky.

Last night after posting i played a $5, 45 man sng opn stars in which i played shit at he start but then pulled it back and finished second. I always seem to donk chips at the start of tournies and often bust making myself desperate too early. The other option is that i sit up, focus and sort is out. I really need to make sure i don't lie down and play. Anyway the final table play was laughable and i was zoned and took down the $48 for second place. Incidentally i got all the money in with the best hand but it didn't hold.

Today i played a few $5 sng's without cashing but then came second in and 18 man sng for $27. Feeling pretty good about it all and am thinking about sticking around in these for a while. I was trying to get to a certain amount built in the 3 dollar 6 man turbo's. I will stay play these but i am definitely getting easily frustrated playing them and although i cash more often than not i don't take them at all seriously. I think the slightly higher doesn't risk much more and can increase potential earning speed.

I am just in the 15k on stars while i write this. Just had JJ -3 times in 13 hands. One laid down after my continuation bet was called on an A high flop and 2 double ups.

The first was resisting the temptation to reraise with JJ in the sb. I called the late position raise and the flop came 10 high. The flop was 10 high with 2 spades. I checked with the intention of raising the flop. I checked, he bet and i flat called instead. The turn was a J but a spade. We went check check. The river was a beautiful 10. I bet out - he raised strong. I paused for ages, doing my best "is my low flush good here acting". I raised eventually and he called with the nut flush and i took it down.

The second was deciding to reraise from an early position raiser. He instantly moved all in and i knew he had AK. Now my reaction of old is call. My new reaction is fold. Its early days and we would be racing. But then i was just compelled to call thinking i had the best hand, all be it marginal. I was correct and i took his chips too.

As i was writing that paragraph i just busted believe it or not. I became tilted by another player which is quite unusual for me. This clown raised it to 600 pre flop with the blinds as 25/50. Everyone folded and he showed QQ. He then moved all in about 5 hands running either pre or on the flop. Then he and i were involved in a hand. He limped (1), another limper (2), a raise in late (3), i called in the bb with AJ. The flop was A high with 2 clubs. I wanted to find a bigger ace now if i had to and i led out. 1 called, 2 folds and 3 raises on the short stack and is all in. I call, 1 calls. The turn is a 3rd club. I check to him and he moves all in. I am forced to fold and they showdown (1) A7 off suit, one pair (3) has 333 and wins. If i had played that hand i would have lost the small main pot but won a huge one against him, had loads of chips and busted that cunt.

The next hand he raises and someone calls. A late position player raises all in. Quite a substantial raise. He instantly calls as does the other player. The cards on their backs. Main raiser AQ clubs, second player , the caller has 75 off suit. Our man crazy has the monster A2 off suit. Turn 2, river 2. Nearly triples up.

Later i limp a pot just to try and catch this fool out. No action.

He raises early, i have AJ and move all in, convinced i am ahead of whatever shit he has. He insta calls with 1010. A low board and i am out.

Really fucked off he bothered me too much. I would have never played this hand like this against anyone else. I just hated his play and wanted him gone. I definitely could have called, seen and flop, folded and lived to take his chips another day.

Good luck everyone.

Oh yeah, just saw Roman Polanski's Oliver Twist. Not great but Sir Ben Kingsley as Fagin is AWESOME.

No comments: