Saturday, July 07, 2007

The Beatles once said "its getting better all the time"

Today i got up really late which was totally not the plan as i have got to be up for work in the morning. Yes that's right, i have a day of work booked. 175 quids for three hours in Aylesbury. It would be rude not to. I sometimes work as an entertainer performing as characters for corporate clients or private functions and parties. Tomorrow i am a stilt walking giant/ BFG character for kids at the Roald Dahl museum should be a laugh, it usually is.



As for the poke. I was not feeling the sng vibe so i sat at a cash table. Given that my "roll", such that it is has now built to the heady heights of $70, i thought i would play a bit of cash now that i could afford to lose a tenner here and there. Anyway I'm glad i made that decision. Ha! What a hilarious donkey festival that is. I used to play cash all the time and the 25/50NL tables on party was where i had my most success. Since bankroll/money problems and no job i have reduced volatility by not playing them . I sat down thinking i would play tight aggressive. I had no problem laying down nice hole cards if it didn't develop well but i would raise any hand i wanted to play pre flop. This was a standard raise for all pairs 22-AA and from all suited conns 56 upwards. I literally just played the cards and the board and left about half an hour later having tripled my buy in - happy days!



I played a couple of multi table sng's tonight and have just finished first in one where i shouldn't have even cashed. I was looking at pictures of Claire Forlani on the internet. All clothed and above board (grrr, more's the pity lol) and suddenly my table popped up and i accidentally selected to reraise all in!



I was in the bb and there were a couple of limpers. The button made a decent raise, the sb reraised all in, now i reraised over the top of him and the button called. Eeek! I looked at my hand to see the pitiful and embarrassing 25 off suit! The sb turned over K7 clubs and the button, pocket rockets. Fook.



The flop came 355 - Ha! I held and tripled up. I apologised to the "ace man" and he was cool. Like a mystical Obi Wan he advised me to use my chips wisely.

I reraised a playa all in with AQ, he paused and called with AJ. I'd flopped a ten (top pair) and called a fools unnecessary bluff. I called the now very active "ace mans" all in with JQ out flopping his A8 off suit. Down to heads up, I just put him all in nearly every hand as by that time the chip counts were me 22,000 him 1000. Lol.



This takes my current BR on Stars to $110. My Sharkscope, which was once in shatters, to a $514 profit with an ROI of 6% and rising. I checked my OPR earlier too which scores me at something like 80% and places me about 30,000th of 280,000 players on the Pokerstars Network. As it goes at the moment i am happy with my performance and these tools being available online serve to keep me in check with myself.

So thats cash games back on track, full ring stt's are good, multi sng's good, short handed (inc turbo) good. The only thing that i am really hankering for is a decent MTT win. If that were to happen i think i would soil myself!

...And Finally

You may know that Stars runs a tourney at midnight (GMT) for a $10+1 buy in with a guaranteed prize pool of 15k. First is usually $4.5-5k. There are 15 minute levels with 3000 starting chips. Good value despite 2k+ runners (better than the lottery). Now they have introduced a tourney at 7pm which is again the same buy in, the same guarantee but 10 minute levels with 1500 chips.

BUT.... BUT, they are now starting a low buy in to run alongside their big Sunday tournies with 100k guaranteed! A slice of $100k for $11? How can you not be in this? I looked at the lobby today there are already over 13,000 people signed up. Madness, but i will be there. Oh yes. I will be there.

Good luck everyone

No comments: