Tuesday, July 31, 2007

tournaments and tears

Whats up brothers and sisters?

I have just played the sickest 180 ever. I didn't feel like playing much today but by the time tonight came round, i knew I'd be good.

Basically i got smacked full in the face by the deck. An example of the sickness is illustrated below.

I limp in late with 33 after 2 limpers. The flop is A43 with 2 clubs. It checks to me and i bet. One player stays in and calls. The turn is a 5. He shoves all in. I have a tonne of chips by the way but its still a big pot. due to the fact that he has limped in first i figure he has an ace something. maybe has 2 pr. Obviously i consider the 2 for the straight but he has been all in a few recent hands and i doubt he limps in first with a deuce and another card. 22 is the only conceivable option as far as i am concerned. So i call. He has K2 off suit (lol) for the straight and i am a mile behind.

River 3 - implausible quads! Love it.

I reach the final table first in chips with 100k - the closest competitor has 25k. Nice. Obviously there are a few double ups so i am not a monster for long. I witness the most horrific stream of beats and suddenly players who should be out are big contenders.

Then my luck tuns out. I raise the button with AQ clubs - i flop a flush draw but the board is paired 442 with 2 clubs. My opp bets - i raise - he calls. I put him on a pair like 77/88. The turn is an A so i am sure i am well ahead now. He checks i bet he raises i call. He has A4 for a turned FH. I don't really know how i get away from that. Maybe if i was just a better player. lol

I am down to the final 4 but am now 3rd. I raise the button with A8 off suit - same opponent reraises. I fold.

Later same opponent raises - i have AT off - i should have called to see a flop but i shoved. He paused - god knows why and then called with QQ. I am gone. The luck ran out.

I'll be back tomorrow.

Also - played my first bloggerment this weekend. I came 17th of 30 odd. My final hand (after only having 22 and AQ spades in the first hour and determined not to play shit! Ha!) i have AJ clubs in the big blind. Suffolk over raises slightly in the cutoff. I figure out where i think stand and am right when i reraise and he doesn't fold 55. He then hits a 5 on the flop, so i'm fucked. Good work Sir.

In other news, i had an audition today for a part i really want and think i fucked it up. A lot of actors go to auditions and regardless of what happened say "i think i fucked it up". I am not one of these attention seeking types. I usually come out going "yeah it went really well" and then am astounded when i don't get it. PMA baby! Today was different. I was hugely upset. Felt like a failure and had an argument with my good lady. Rubbish.

Later made up and then finished 4th. Every cloud and all that.

I'll let you know tomorrow when they tell me i didn't get it

Night night

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you at the bloggerment mate!

Hope to see you again.

ATB

BM

p.s. Linked up!