Tuesday, October 02, 2007

TheV0id

Congratulations to "TheV0id" for winning the main event - event 23 at the WCOOP on PokerStars. I just visited official poker rankings and checked his stats. He has played one tournament. That one. So the buy in was 2.5k and he won 1.2 million. ROI through the roof!! LoL. I also read he is from the UK so good work especially given the all nighter you pulled.



I watched some of this tournament as it was interesting to watch the pros play the little hands. I watched some of Humberto and Raymer but mostly watched KidPoker. He busted after seeing a Kxx flop. The pot was raised pre he had called the button had called. The flop was bet the button reraised 25k, all of negreanu's chips. Daniel said "so you're saying i'm beat lol", his timer was running down and he said "KQ yeah?", he then thought for ages before saying "i'm gonna pay you like a donkey" and called with KJ. His opponent did indeed have KQ and Negreanu was reduced to the rail but not before someone said "what are you doing?" and he said he was tired. Must be tough sat at your computer folding cards.

Also interesting was looking at the stats for "ka$ino" who finished 2nd in this event for $700k. His stats were over 500 tournament games on Stars. Back in 05/06 he was playing $1 (Yes one dollar) tournaments. He was playing others to but plenty of these. A few cashes in 06 seemed to send him onto bigger things but he is not a big player at all. His biggest cash was about 4k. Can you imagine being overjoyed to cash 4k, how you must feel to bank 700k IN ONE NIGHT!



I really recommend OPR (official poker rankings) for checking others stats as well as your own. Your stats come up for the last 120 days only, but you can do all time or even month by month.



I went deep in the $11 25k guaranteed AGAIN the other night. I got into the money after 3000 people had entered. We had a break and i was below average chips but still about 25 big blinds. The money from 350 to 50 is fairly inconsequential, the range of payouts being $11 to $150 or so so i made a move and found myself in a race i couldn't win. I had 77 on the button and reraised all in. I was called by AK and was in great shape until the rivered K. Finished 339th. Hey ho. I am definitely much more used to the way these play now and tournaments in general. I still hate the idiots and the beats but love the game. When i first had a go at these i was scared to play. It wasn't cos of the buy in obviously, i think it was the prospect of winning. I would play uber tight and watch the payouts approach really desperate to make it in and to move up. Now all i care about is wining first place cos i really want $5k, ha! I still need to get more used to just watching my position in the tournament and blind levels rather than other stacks on my table in relation to my own. However every little corner turned or aspect realised is gonna be good in the long run.

I was thinking the other day about last years poker and it was ALL cash games. Getting used to tournaments has been long and emotional but is definitely getting somewhere and i am sure that before much longer i will have a bankroll that can support successful ventures at both.

Just bought Tiger Woods Golf on my PS2 and am off to play some high stakes golf against an animated opponent. Ahhhh the life of the unemployed.



Enjoy it you little monkeys

2 comments:

Rosie said...

I've been watching Daniel Negreanu a bit on the cash tables at stars. I saw him rack up over $50,000 profit in a couple of hours the other night. Was very impressed, although, as far as I remember he did have quite a donor.

I'm really pleased things are going well for you at the felt, :0)

Anonymous said...

Nice work in the $11 game sir.

Who is this V0id character. It seems very strange he would only play one game and take it down to the tune of over ! MILLION DOLLARS!! LOL, maybe he had an absolute Super user account or something!!!!