Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Slacking

Happy Tuesday everyone, apologies for the lack of updates but with other blogs, forums, playing poker and occasionally speaking to my girlfriend (joke) its getting tough to post.

As its Tuesday don't forget that the 5th episode of High Stakes Poker is now available to view on Youtube/pokertube. Enjoy. I WISH that programme was longer i love it so much.

I have just been ooooop north for the weekend (and so missed the RTR league game - see the Raise the River link on the right and get signed up if you are not already) it was my girlfriends parents 30th wedding anniversary, plus my Dad and his wife are over from Canada and we met some old friends and basically ate all weekend. Fantastic.

Poker wise- after placing second in another 4/180 (yawn- lol) on PokerStars just before the weekend i had a nice $170 in my account and played a $10 - 27 man sng and finished 4th when i moved all in on a 7Q9J board with 77 and was called by AT - he hit the king on the river which was pretty sick. Still i cashed in 4th place. Last night i played a $10 18 man sng which i won for $70ish. That meant i could cash out 100 and still leave 130 in the account which is all good. I'd love to keep the bankroll, such as it is, rolling up but i just need the money. One big cash, thats all we need!

I looked at my Sharkscope and have something like $1300 profit over 1200 games or so, current ROI 20%. I am pretty happy with this for a few reasons. First just cos its in the black which after ages of feeling like i was never gonna make any headway in this game is great news. Secondly - out of the $1300 profit 800 has come in the last 400 games. This may not seem like a lot but it means that i am becoming a more profitable player when over 60% of my profit has come in the last 30% of my games. Also since discovering Sharkscope and Official Poker Rankings (http://www.officialpokerrankings.com/) i have had to realise my true statistics and this has really helped me focus my game and have stronger ambitions to be better. There is also something in the fact that they are publc statistics that makes me want to do better as well. I don't want to be a fish at a table and hated having a goldfish symbol on Sharkscope! Its long gone now though and will never return. I have my sights set on a shark!!

Playing these $10 sngs over the last couple of days i was shocked at the truly awful standard of play. There were a couple of really good plays but most of the time i was honestly appalled. I was just sat patiently waiting for hands and flops. Once i had a stack i was seeing every cheap flop i could with any 2 cards and just folding or cashing in on the maniacs. I tend to not play at the $10 level as i don't really have the money to support my losses. However i am definitely gonna mix it up a bit and try and play a bit more selectively ie/ not just instantly rebuying after i bust repeatedly, which for me is probably the biggest leak in my game, not recognising or logging off when i am not truly focused to play.

I wish you all the best of luck and fingers crossed for more $$ for everyone

3 comments:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Sounds like your game has developed and is coming on mate. Keep up the good work!

Amatay said...

Thanks for the comments mate, glad you still enjoy reading my gay blog, ta

Anonymous said...

Well done mate!

I cannot get my sharkscope to read good for crap!!

everytime I almost get it back to level and create another "valley" on my graph!! lol

keep it up mate (the poker I mean)