Friday, November 16, 2007

Also

Whilst you are in Blockbuster renting the films that i recommended in the last post, why not also rent the excellent "She's So Lovely". It stars Sean Penn (excellent), his wife (in real life) Robin Wright Penn (soo hot), John Travolta and Harry Dean Stanton. Also check out "Cecil B Demented", a very silly and different film from the crazy mind of John Waters (who also made the brilliant "Serial Mom" starring the lovely Kathleen Turner).

As for poker, well i'm at my lowest point financially so i am simply not playing as much. I hate playing for really small amounts. I just donk off money cos i don't care enough about losing my $5 buy in whilst sitting there for an hour or 2 at a cash table or a full ring sng. So i am playing the new (ish) heads up Horse Games which are going well and are more interesting to play. I can't lose if i'm honest. Ha. These are then, in turn, paying for me to fuck up in the 4.40/180's. I can handle playing these because at least there is a significant payoff should you come 1st to 3rd. The main problem with these is my patience levels and opponents idiocy. I'm sure there must be a mathematical formula for time spent in a tournament (t) vs impatience (i)vs density of opponents (morons). There more players there are, the more decisions and coin flip situations you have to survive so the amount of variance is significantly greater. If you are impatient as well you might as well not play as you need every part of your mind working for you.

I am definitely not in the poker mindset at the moment but i am not gonna stop. Although it certainly does seem like i am a different player completely to the one who rolled up $1k on the cash tables and won 650 dollars in a week in the 4.40/180's. What happened?

No comments: