Saturday, June 16, 2007

I should just hang up my...

...erm...fingers?

Credit card details

virtual chips.

But i have just thought i know i am better than this. I am still getting the most hilarious beats. Man, i know i can play bad, but if someone plays a hand and beats me, i congratulate them. I am ashamed but they beat me. Well done. I just find the beats so hard. My notes on players half the time consist of some anecdote about how they played a hand for all their chips or got all their money in behind on a flop - ie - will call bottom pair for all their chips. I once read a poker book that said about finding players that will do their stack with top pair. I wish it was that simple! I am seeing just beat after beat of the most crazy standards.

My thinking though is this - when i hurt myself - i say ow and then grit my teeth and say no pain and get on with things - this is what i have to do here. I obviously need to play better, i need to wait for bigger hands to get all my money in to minimise losses from improbable outdraws and i need to not let it effect me as much.

Bottom line - keep going - always work to improve - stay cool - work for better results - its embarrassing

No comments: