Saturday, June 16, 2007

Keep the faith

Hi guys and gals,



Yesterday I decided that I would try and qualify for the WSOP 150 seat guaranteed that is running on PokerStars on sunday night. My direction is via the $2.20 triple shootouts where you play a 6 seater turbo which you must win to advance to another one, before advancing to the final table which you must also win. Last had a few pops last night straight after playing shit at six seater turbo's so i wasn't in the best frame of mind. The last of the day i was gutted to make it to the final table to go out in 5th. I called a button raise from an habitual button raiser, the flop came 678 - i checked with 44 - he instantly moves all in. I just read it wrong and put it down as a bullying job and called - he had Jacks. Truely gutted.



I just played my first of today and finished 9th. Although i was 9th i was only one player away from the final 6, as i had made it to HU on the second table. My oppenent raised and i called with Q6 suited, the flop was 255, which i knew hadn't helped him. I check called with the intention of making a play, the turn came perfectly really giving me as far as i knew 2 live cards and a 4 flush, my plan was to check raise all in, i checked but he moved all in. I was convinced that i was correct and made a gambling call and missed. Out. Gutted but reassured about my play. I have given myself $21 dollars to qualify with today as the good lady is away and i have the run of the mill. Not that i don't every day when she is at work! Hmmm.



Also i'm checking out the WSOP results via http://www.pokerlistings.com/ . Their coverage is good, simple live updates and results tables. I am interested anyway but this year i have a fantasy team playing through PKR and http://www.pokerplayermagazine.co.uk/ . My team is as follws and is based on players i like, plus past WSOP and WPT results factored in. Poker Player Magazine have nominated 12 events, only the results of these 12 events will contribute to your players points. So here is my team "Old Faithful" in order of price (points they cost to buy - lowest to highest, plus any points they have accumulated so far)



John "Miami" Cernuto - 25 points for 10th in event 24 - 7 card stud hi lo

Dewey Tomko

David Chiu

Chip Reese - a bargain price at only 50 points

Men Nguyen

Humberto Brenes - 75 points for 3rd in event 13 - pot limit hold em

Chris Ferguson - 20 points for 13th in the same event

Eric Siedel

Phil Hellmuth - no points for his bracelet, alas

Daniel Negreanu



So its going ok in high insight would have liked Phil Ivey, Jonny Chan and Alan Cunningham. But there are still 6 qualifying events left and still time.

Good luck everyone and thanks for all 4 of you for reading!

No comments: