Friday, July 27, 2007

Cash

That was my impulse title for this post as i played a cash game last night. As soon as i wrote it i realised it is what i would have written if i had cashed in a tournament, which i haven't. Yet.

Last night i busted from the 6pm, $5, 5k guaranteed. This is a new regular fixture for me i decided. Not too crowded a field and still 3k in chips and 15 minute levels. Nice one. I don;t know how i went out but no doubt i was a huge favourite. Just kidding.

Later i busted in the midnight after 2 3/4 hours. I made a really dumb play. Basically i called a late position raise from an active player, i had QJ clubs (i fukin love clubs). The flop came K89 with 2 spades. Not a great flop although i do have a gutshot and there is only one over card. I check call a flop bet. Miss. Instead of stopping here i check call again. I hit a queen on the river so now have to call that. He has AK. I don't know why i do this. I need to just drill it into my head that i am calling a raise out of position to hit a flop hard. Not catch half of nothing and do a load of chips with it. Muppet.

Before this hand i had been moved to the right of a player with 24k in chips. He had his fat face as his avatar and was talking shit and playing any hand. I found kings and shoved early position he called with A7 off suit and i doubled. Later i shove QT suited and find myself in bad shape to his KQ and i'm gone.

I am wide awake so i jump to some cash tables. I decide to play a minimum buy in and see what happens. So i sit with $10 at 0.25/0.50. I lose it immediately with QJs vs KJs on a J high flop when i river 2 pr and he makes a straight. I lose another 10 fairly standard.

On the third $10, i call a raise on the button with 77. The pot is approx $5. The flop is an ugly KTx. He pauses and bets $1. This is a pathetic bet here - i call. The turn is a 7. Bingo. This does put 2 floosh draws out. He checks. Pussy. I bet $1, and laugh at my hilarious genius. He raises. I know he is weak so i shove. He calls with JJ.

I make may way to $30 and we are even in money. Until this happens.

I raise after it folds to me. I am in the cutoff with 96 diamonds. I am reraised quite strong from the bb. I call. The flop is Q94 - he bets - obviously - i call. Turn 6. I love it. I know i am ahead of his big pp. He bets strong i raise all in he calls. The river is a disaster. It's a 4. So he rivers a better 2 pair with his KK. Mother fucker. He then says thank you. Like he set me up. The fuckin plum. I was steamed and actually called him dumbo! God knows why. I am usually much more intelligently offensive in these situations. He was like, Doh what did you have. I didn't say that if you just thought for a minute there are only 2 hands that he couldn't beat til the river that were screwed by the river card. Them being Q9 and 96. Little bitch.

That did me in. Down to 2 dollars. I sorted that out to $10 and built that up to $40 and left the table eventually with $25.

I definitely had fun playing and if favourable situations had gone my way i would have finished on $70 with a $30 profit for a short session. Definitely beatable. I saw a lot of hands not folded when they should have been and hands like a flopped 2 pr getting paid off till the river by top pr. It was much fun and a while since i played this level. I am thinking about buying August off too and giving myself a small roll. This will be a roll to cover a small venture back into cash games as well as several tournaments a few times a week where my real aim is to make a significant tournament cash, to build on the roll by playing cash games and to be more disciplined as a player. It will probably be a more significant amount like 500 dollars. Eek!

No comments: