Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I knew i wasn't in the right frame of mind

Good evening sports fans.

Just a quick one. I have just boosted from the midnight 20k guaranteed after about 30 minutes. Truly a pathetic attempt. hands of interest.

1) First hand - i have 22 and limp in third - there are several limpers - flop comes AJ2 - with 2 diamonds - i bet pot -called in 1 spot - the turn is an ace - non diamond - i bet pot - called river 3 - i bet smaller - am min raised and call it - he has 45 diamonds.

Ok so he paid a lot to draw and didn't really get a big river payoff

2) I flop top pr and bet each st - opp is check calling with 8 outs to a straight - hits the river but checks - i check too - expensive draw no payoff.

i now have 1800 from initial 3k and hate having lost so much so soon

3) There is a small raise and a couple of callers - i call in the blinds with A6clubs - the flop brings a KJx - with 2 clubs. I lead out for 200 and am reraised by the button. I can't call here imo so shove. see myself with 12 outs and hit the turn. He mocks me. I think he;s a prick. Fair play he has AK so i have 9 outs and am just shy of 60/40 underdog but i have just lost a bunch of chips and i fail to see what the point is of playing a hand like ace suited if you're not gonna be happy flopping a 4 flush. He was of the opinion that it was early to be all in on a draw. I am of the opinion that i would double up or bust and also of the opinion that he could keep his fuckin mouth shut.

4) Final hand. I limp the button w Q3 diamonds. There is a decent raise from the big blind. Our verbal friend calls and i call too. The flop is a lovely TQ3 but has 2 flush cards and the straight draw. Mr blind raiser bets strong. I have him on aces or kings. Matey peeps calls. He is behind me for sure - a pair perhaps. I shove right there. Raiser calls, so does our friend. How about this for some amusing irony. Our friend is all in on a flush draw. Is he drawing to the nuts? Is he fuck - he has T5 clubs for a monster T high straight draw. Our early position raiser has AA. Fantastic. The turn is a J diamonds. I go further ahead in the hand. The river is a 2 out ace for him to take it down with a set.

Balls.

I am not playing like a maniac at the moment but i am seeing flops with a much more open range when in position.

As you may or may not know i am a blog fiend. Everyone i have spoken to in this community has had or will have their entire blog read by me sooner or later. So make them good, yeah? I am currently reading Rizens blog at www.rizenpoker.com Whats cool about this is that aside from being a skilled cash and mainly tournament player and decent guy he actually posts selected hands from his hand histories in the animated PokerXFactor format and explains them in text. I think its well worth a look for anyone wanting to see how a pro plays and thinks through different spots.

Good luck you dirty mothers

No comments: