Saturday, July 21, 2007

Hey guys.



Just in case anyone is worried sick about me, i am okay. "Thank fuck" i bet you're all thinking. I have still been playing the odd 4.40, 180 and the nightly 20k guaranteed. Saturday I came 360th ish out of 2500 ish and last night came 607th out of 3610. Fuckin huge field, i would love to have more money and buy into higher tournies to face a smaller field. I feel pretty good to have got through this many people but pretty shit not to get over that last hurdle into the cash. Despite this and despite the suckouts, i am feeling pretty good about my game. Having just written that i have just boosted from tonights 20k. i got it all in early w AQ on a QJx flop only to be called by the pre flop reraiser who had KT off suit...?

I was down to 30 chips, the bb was 30 and it was me all in with K9 the nest hand. To cut a long story short, within the hour i had over 10k. Unfortunately the prolific button raiser couldn't fold Q9 "but it was suited" after a shoved all in from the small blind with AQ. Called me in a nano second incidentally. Fkin donks out in force. My last hand came when i raised pre in mid w 99 - i was reraised by the button who i was definitely calling due to past history, the bb went all in. At that point i knew i should fold but called anyway after i found the excuse somewhere in a dark corner of my mind. My excuse was, given that the bb had shoved on a few occasions already i could imagine the bb and the button on a similar range to each other, hopefully this might put me ahead with my pair, albeit in a race situation. I called before the rational part of my brain could kick in and i was gone 99 vs AT vs QQ.

Before i knew it i had bought into 2 more tourneys and have just boosted from 1 with 2 pr a flush draw and a straight draw - which lost to a straight.

God damn it.

Despite all this i will say i am feeling good about my game. Over the last few months i have been going deeper more consistently. I have made some changes which include a step back from a lot of thing i have read and seen and just playing tighter poker. I still call raises in position with speculative hands against big stacks but tend to raise with them less. This makes me feel like i don't have to retain control with a shit hand after the flop but i can, if the right flop comes, take the play from the initial raiser. I am also giving up more marginal flop hands easier. Top pair is still just one pair. I can honestly say that if i get a lot of heat at this stage at these limits, the player may be retarded but more often than not has a hand which beats mine. I am also still able to get all my chips in the pot at any stage of the hand if i think i am ahead. I know i still need to improve, especially tilt and playing when not fully fit to, but i can just feel a decent win is on its way. I fookin know it!

I spent today recording a voice over for an animated short film which is going to be submitted to international film festivals. I had a wicked time at this recording studio in Camden and met some wicked people and contacts for the future.

This blog is all over the place but i just thought something else. If you are feeling a little poker jaded, choose a low buy in tourney in your game of choice and basically just shove whenever you feel you have the best hand. I know that betting when we think we have the best hand is how we work, but to shove a raiser pre because you think your 99 is slightly ahead is what i'm talking about. If you are not sure pre flop call, see a flop. Has it helped? Yes? Blast all in. No check raises. No funny business. No jiggery pokery just hardcore US army style, Nuke Em Poker, "Texas Nuke Em" if you will. I'm off to nuke some cunts right now.

No comments: