Thursday, July 19, 2007

Update

After pondering what to do with myself poker wise, as well as losing $10 from Ultimate Bet (AK vs AT - strong raising pre - all in on an ATx flop - cunt) and £20 from Will Hill, i have redeposited the minimum on PokerStars, $10. My mission now, shoud i choose to accept it (erm, already have) is to play 1 and 2 dollar games and roll it up until i can play other games. I consider this a good move for 2 reasons. Firstly, it is punishment for treating my new BR with no respect. Now i must grind something together from the lowest of the low. Secondly, i have to respect the game. I am playing like such a twat. I am playing too fast, not thinking things through and not giving people nearly enough credit. Are they clever enough to make big bluffs? Not that often. Are they in fact more likely to have made a big hand by playing rags out of position in a raised pot? Much more likely. Think about it!

So i just played my first. $1 - 45 man tourney. Came first for $14. The best start possible. It was great. I honestly feel like i've won something huge! it's fucking pathetic! But, my A10 beat 66 when i had a bigger stack, that was the only "all in" pre flop i got myself in before i had tonnes of chips. The rest was easy. I busted the huge chip leader in 2 hands and by the time we were 4 handed i think i had 40-50k to their 8k. Funny.

So we'll see what happens now.

I honestly thought that after the 3 wins last week and withdrawing $300, leaving $200 in i had turned a corner in my poker career. I am so gutted i can't believe it. Granted, its not of Blue Scouse proportions, but i was winning sng's, from single table turbo's to multi man long hauls, i did not need to spunk a load playing impatient and high variance cash games.

The upshot to this is that once again i am on the rebuild. I am playing better than i have before but now i just need to get some patience and consistent rational play in mind and i'll really be getting somewhere.

In other news i have just checked my share prices. I got a gift of £1000 in shares about 6 years ago. The price we paid was around 50p per share. Shortly after buying them they rocketed up to £6 odd. If we had sold then we would have made £12k, gutted! Since that point they dropped to an all time low in 2003 of about 25p. Selling then would have made a loss of £500, hilarious. Due to recent activities and contracts with apple and other mobile communications companies they are on a steady rise finishing the day on £1.56 - around £3k as for as i am concerned. All good and more to come apparently. Nice.

Oh yeah. A while ago i mentioned that i had some bizarre searches that had led to my blog. The latest is pretty sick but funny too. Someone has ended up here by searching "Just naked children". It's as if he (or she?) is tired of finding sites with just a few naked kids on, "Tut! too many naked adults". He has used an advanced search to get just exactly when s/he wants. You sick monkey! But hey, thanks for reading.

Goodnight

7 comments:

Amatay said...

cant believe u have read the lot m8 lol. u enjoy?

Amatay said...

ahahahhahhahahahhahaahahaahahhahhahahahahhahaahahhahaahah i just got home pissed up mate and see that meatpin thing loooooooooooool

snoopy1239 said...

Fancy a link exchange?

snoops

MRPINKS said...

not KC shares by any chance lol!!!
Ive linked you up m8
MRPINKS

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Don't talk to me about shares mate. I worked for BT Cellnet before they rebranded to O2 and I had 400 shares that I managed to get for £1.20 and they flew up to a massive £19 but I wasn't allowed to sell them for x amount of months. When I could the bastard things were worth less than £0.90!

Just another life beat for Pud!

Wildcat said...

Good read, fancy a link swap? I've added you. Good luck!

http://call-of-the-wildcat.blogspot.com/

portdeco20 said...

hey mate, any chance of a link up?