Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Kick me when i'm down

I have just busted from the 20k guaranteed on Stars after playing 2 hands. I ran my Ax into a set and i knew it and basically played the hand bad. A third of my chipolatas gone.

Next hand. I am on the button with AQ off. There is a raise from a player 2 to my right. i think to reraise but call. The flop is A9x - with the ace of diamonds. I am raising when he bets but he checks. I bet 3/4 pot. He calls. The turn is like the 4 of diamonds. He checks. I move all in. Its excessive i know but i know he is drawing. He instantly calls. Seriously, in a flash, with KJ diamonds. Hmmm. River 3 diamonds.

I said both his calls were mental and he said he knew it was coming. I tell you. As if it is not enough that we have to deal with betting patterns, bad luck, cold runs, 2 outers, etc. Now we have to deal with players who think they know what is coming next. I admit, from time to time in my early days, i too sometimes knew it was coming. I will also admit to feeling a right cunt when it didn't and i had no chips left. Wp mate.

As is that wasn't enough i have just busted from a 180 on Stars after tangling with the guy who already has 7k in chips at level 1.

I have just observed the following things happen to this same guy;

1) hand 1 he flops a set and turns quads and gets most of the chips off the guy with top pr and another guy with an over pr.

2) Some guy bets all his chips on a 9 high flop into him after he has raised pre flop - opponent has J9 off, he has KK

3) He calls 900 or so all in with 66 - makes a boat beating A10

4) A limped pot - he checks to me on a J96 flop - i bet my 9 - he calls - turn 8 - he leads out small - i call - river 8 - he bets like 1/4 pot - i call - he has 68 for flopped bottom pair and runner runner FH

5) I limp in second with AA (ace of clubs) - several limpers - oops - flop KJx - 2 clubs - first to act bets - i raise - he calls - turn low club - i shove with over pr and noot floosh draw - he calls - shows KQ with the Q of clubs - nice - river Q diamonds

Someone said he had a load of outs to beat me including the clubs. I corrected him but said when a guy is going from bottom pair to runner runner full houses, who am i to try an put my measly aces in his way.

Unreal. GG me. GG him. GG PokerStars R(LOL)NG (on the floor laughing)

No comments: