Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Next one...

I had just taken a very big hit and was about half stacked - 700 or so.

Everyone limped and i raised all in with A7 off suit. I got called in 2 spots. A first position plater insta-called me ..."OH SHIT!".... as well as a mid position player.

The mid position flipped the monster that is Q7 suited or as it is known on the pro circuit "Old Faithful", ahem

The early limper - mother fucker - i didn't want to see those cards....hang on - he called with A3....off suit. Fuckin ace! i've got the best hand. It held and i won. Tripled up to over my starting stack.

Lets call Mr A3 "Genius" for the purpose of this next hand. Which incidentally was the very next hand.

I limp and complete with J10.

Genius raises in the bb - raises to about 500. I did have 600 - now i have 1600 - so i feel like i'm free rolling and call. I love the hand anyway. The flop is nice. 88T - i check raise him all in.

He insta calls with....

A7 diamonds. I shit you not, ladies and gentlemen

Turn 6

River 9 - creating the most improbable straight since....well since last time i posted about an improbable suck out.


Whilst writing this, in another tourney, i just moved all in from the sb and got called by first position who had 83 off suit.

A few minutes later - i had raised pre flop with A9 of hearts. We had checked down a board which finally read

QQTT7 -

I made a small bet with my ace, confident i was ahead. He called and mucked. I asked what he called with. He didn't speak. He is probably licking his cat or eating a faeces sandwich or something. So i checked the hand history. He called with J8 off suit.

This is what is so tough about playing these levels. If you play an hand strong you could just as easily run into AK or 83. Its that simple.

Don't even think that guy is calling for information either people. This is stupidity at its basest level. When can i play higher limits.

Hello...?

No comments: