Saturday, October 06, 2007

why am i still up??

I am in a huge field tournament. The buy in?? Good question. 50 cents. Yup, Half a dollar or approximately 25p! Lol high stakes. I shall try to explain...

I guess i am still up because I just love the night time at the moment and am obsessed with poker. I am also just starting Season 2 of Alias. Its actually quite a formulaic show but i love it, plus Jennifer Garner is so hot it's crazy. I watched about half of Daredevil or Elektra or whatever and was like "meh", and now, i love her.

After losing that money yesterday ( like a moron) i logged into my bank and assessed the state of my funds. Bad. I decided that after recent cash outs i would allow myself $50 back to get me in the game. Not the BIG game obviously, that's not enough money, tut! In the end i just bought in enough for 3 - 4.40's after Rizen said that is what he would use to build a roll if he went broke. Also because i know i can do OK in these games.

Game 1 - to say i had 3 attempts to make money i fucked this up good and proper. I played wayhey too loose. Really pissed someone off when i dropped to 1k in chips and called the rest all in on a 3 - 1 shot with J4 suited. I flopped the J and the 4 flush and hit on the river to beat his kings. I then reraised all in with 33 and ws called by JJ. I'm an idiot

Game 2 - Finished 18th just in the money. I called raise in the bb from a mid position raiser. I had 33. The flop was 757 which i shoved. He called with kings. If i win that i am a contender as it was i was a marginal stack and now have 2 buyins again.

Game 3 - i lost a pot with KK very early i had reraised strong pre flop and got called the flop came ATx and i was chk raised. I folded. As you know, when you only have 1500 chips it is not that forgiving of an early mistake/outdraw. I shoved JK suited and got called by a player for all his chips. He had A4 off suit. He won.

Game 4 - 4th. Decent. Made my 3rd laydown of kk on the flop in 3 tournaments. Pretty infuriating. You see kings 4 handed and just go "kerching" today i just kept having to fold them on A high flops. After that i went 4th place and basicall decided it was all in or out time. I started shoving decent hands and shoved an ace from the button and was called by a bigger one. I hit my kicker and paired on the flop and the turn gave him his queen. I have noticed this a lot on PokerStars, i say its the home of the suckout resuckout. They apparently would rather go with the catchphrase "where the stars play poker". Agree to disagree.

I was then reading Tillerman's blog and he referenced the Jesus challenge. I looked at the tracking of Chris Ferguson's money and was inspired to start my own challenge. Hence the low limit tourney. I headed off to the micro limit cash games and lasted about 3 buyins before calling it a day. Reraised pre flop with KK - called - flop 984 - called - turn 5 - i shove all in - called by T8 - river 8 - nice. It went on. I was just going "lol nh" for about 30 minutes before i had to go. And i was just doing really well in this tourney until i started writing this and now i busted there too. Open ended straight draw me into top pair Q with a ten kicker. I thought he might fold. HAAAAAAA!!! Thought he might fold. What was i thinking!!!

To be honest, i believe you would have to have the patience of a saint (or Jesus) to complete this challenge and I'm already at $30 (what i am allowing myself to start with), he said the hardest part was getting to $6. Clearly I'm fucked.

2 comments:

Amatay said...

lol @ kirbs. Im abit of a night person to mate. keep up the gd work at the tarbs

Kirby the German Roofer said...

Roofer here (BurnleyMicks Brother) Just wondering if you could pop by my blog have a read and maybe link me up if you like what you see. Cheers

http://germanroofer.blogspot.com/